To Our Members & Community,
In the interest of transparency, we wanted to inform you that yesterday afternoon (Thursday October 14) we learned that an employee from our store tested positive for Covid-19.
This employee works in the Produce department, so we are being extra vigilant since they have had contact with the public. They last worked at the co-op on Tuesday October 12 and are self-quarantining at home as recommended by their healthcare professional. To our knowledge, the employee has not exhibited symptoms while at work, and very likely contacted the virus outside of the store.
As an added precaution we’ve done extra cleaning and sanitation in that area of the store. We have also identified all staff members who may have been in close contact with the affected person, and we are supporting those employees as they self-monitor. At this time we believe this is an isolated case and there is no communal spread in the store.
We are encouraging anyone with concerns to contact their healthcare professional and get tested when appropriate. As part of our daily Covid-19 screening practices we ask that any employee who exhibits symptoms to stay home, contact our HR department, and notify their physician. Our co-op has a generous sick leave and vacation policy, and we are working with staff members on a case-by-case basis to ensure they have the support they need.
Our co-op prides itself on its cleanliness, social distancing, and safety standards, and we are taking multiple steps to best serve you, care for our staff, and be a responsible member of our community.
- Employees are required to wear masks inside the store.
- Our staff self-monitor for symptoms and do not come to work if they are sick.
- All employees are asked to maintain a 6-foot distance from customers and coworkers.
- We practice social distancing in our work areas and have installed reminders throughout the store.
- We have installed extra sanitizer stations for staff and customers throughout the store, and encourage good hygiene and frequent hand-washing.
- We’ve installed plexiglas safety barriers at our registers, and marked off spaces on the floor to help everyone maintain a safe social distance.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.