On Sunday April 10 we learned that two employees from our store tested positive for Covid-19.
Both employees last worked at the store on Thursday 4/7, during which time they were not symptomatic. One employee was masked continuously during their shifts. Both work primarily within the Grocery department, HBC, and Operations areas. They are currently both self-quarantining at home for the NH recommended 10 day period.
We are encouraging anyone with concerns to contact their healthcare professional and get tested when appropriate. We have identified all staff members who may have been in close contact with the affected employees, and we are supporting them as they self-monitor.
As part of our daily Covid-19 screening practices we ask that any employee who exhibits symptoms to stay home, contact our HR department, and notify their healthcare provider. Our co-op has a generous sick leave and vacation policy, and we are working with staff members on a case-by-case basis to ensure they have the support they need.
Our co-op prides itself on its cleanliness, social distancing, and safety standards, and we are taking multiple steps to best serve you, care for our staff, and be a responsible member of our community.
- The Co-op is a mask-friendly store, and we encourage anyone with concerns to wear one!
- Our staff self-monitor for symptoms and do not come to work if they are sick.
- All employees are asked to maintain a 6 foot distance from customers and coworkers.
- We practice social distancing in our work areas and have installed reminders throughout the store.
- We have installed extra sanitizer stations for staff and customers throughout the store, and encourage good hygiene and frequent hand-washing.
- We’ve installed plexiglas safety barriers at our registers, and marked off spaces on the floor to help everyone maintain a safe social distance.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.