Bun-less Burger Bowls
2 Burger patties (beef, turkey, lamb, falafel, bean, etc…)
Any grill-able veggies on hand – onion, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, asparagus, eggplant
2 large handfuls of fresh greens – spinach, baby kale, arugula, and other salad greens
Fresh veggies – shredded carrot, grated beet, cucumber, celery, radish, cabbage, tomato,
Dressing – bottled Caesar, balsamic, tahini, a simple lemon and olive oil, or anything else
Optional – seeds, nuts
1. Pre-heat grill to medium-high
2. Cook burgers and grill-able veggies, transferring to a plate after cooked
3. Assemble bowls with greens, raw veggies, grilled veggies, burger and drizzle with
dressing. Can top with and optional items like seeds/nuts or fresh herbs.
Sweet & Spicy Grilled Zucchini
4 medium summer squash or zucchini (about 1.5 lbs)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp. hot chili paste
2 Tbsp. with cooking oil (avocado recommended)
1 lime, halved
½ small shallot, thinly sliced into rounds
¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and small tender stems
1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
Salt to taste
1. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat
2. Cut each zucchini in half, lengthwise, then score a criss-cross pattern with a knife
3. Toss zucchini with 1 tsp. salt in a colander set over a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes -pat
dry with a paper towel
4. Meanwhile, combine homey, vinegar, soy sauce, and chili paste in a small saucepan and
bring to simmer over medium-high heat until reduced by half (5-7 minutes). Remove
from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp of oil.
5. Toss the zucchini in remaining oil. Turn zucchini cut side up and brush with glaze
6. Grill zucchini cut side down about 3 minutes, until lightly charred around edges.
Continue to grill another 2-3 minutes, turning the zucchini every minute and brushing
cut side with glaze. Reserve any leftover glaze.
7. Transfer zucchini to platter
8. Squeeze juice from 1 lime into a medium bowl and add shallot and cilantro; season with
salt and toss
9. Drizzle zucchini with any leftover glaze and top with the herb salad. Sprinkle with
sesame seeds and enjoy!
Grilled Carrots with Avocado & Mint
1 tsp. toasted and crushed cumin seeds or ground cumin
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. honey
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
1 1” piece ginger, finely grated
1 ½ lb. medium carrots, scrubbed, tops trimmed and halved lengthwise
2 avocados, cut into large pieces
½ cup mint leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare grill for medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, add cumin, lemon juice, and honey.
3. Whisk in ¼ cup of olive oil until combined.
4. Stir in chili and ginger and season
5. Toss the carrots with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a rimmed baking sheet
6. Season with salt and pepper
7. Grill carrots, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred ~12 minutes
8. Immediately transfer to bowl and toss with sauce, season with salt and pepper
9. Arrange carrots and avocado on platter, pour any additional sauce over and top with mint.
Grilled Pineapple Dessert
1 Pineapple but into spears
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Lay the pineapple spears on a pan. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Whisk together the
butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread on top of the pineapple using a
2. Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until it is starting to turn golden brown. I always like to
brush the excess sauce from the pan back on top of the pineapple before serving.